“All in” is the best way to describe Dr. Mona Patel. As a successful business owner and leader, attentive mom, and committed wife, Dr. Patel understands the struggles and sacrifices she must make in order to pursue her passion for dentistry—but admits she wouldn’t have it any other way. “I want my kids to know it takes a lot of hard work to achieve success,” she shares.
Thanks to years of hard work, Dr. Patel has now attained a dental practice that literally buzzes with excitement each day. Much of this is thanks to her own contagious energy that greets her staff and patients each day. A Midwest native, Dr. Patel strongly believes in the importance of relationships built on a foundation of open communication, kindness, and a high standard of care—all of which have helped her practice continue to grow.
We are ducks on a lake—on the surface, we appear to be gliding gracefully through the water. But underneath the water, we are working tirelessly to stay afloat.
In this snapshot of her life, Dr. Patel admits that growing a dental practice while raising two young kids is quite the challenge—but one she fully embraces. She also shares her secrets for navigating the life of working mom and highlights the importance of a great support network. This Passion Project VLOG episode also explores topics such as:
In her dental practice:
- Investment in digital technology featuring CEREC from Dentsply Sirona.
- Attaining advanced training in dental implant placement and implementing this treatment plan in her practice.
- Relying on the dental lab for fabrication of a dental implant surgical guide as an extra layer of security for both her and her patients.
- The importance of having a workflow that can be adjusted to meet growing business and patient demands.
- Progress report on the goal of going 100% digital with all workflows within the practice.
- Finding time to learn new techniques and focus on practice growth.
As a working mom:
- The importance of raising kids who understand it’s ok to make mistakes as long as you try your best.
- Ensuring that her kids remain level headed when growing up in a community surrounded by privilege.
- Her tips for balancing a career while being present for her kids.
Watch this snapshot of Dr. Patel’s life, for which she provides this analogy: “We are ducks on a lake—on the surface, we appear to be gliding gracefully through the water. But underneath the water, we are working tirelessly to stay afloat.”
We’d like to thank Dentsply Sirona for sponsoring this episode of the Practice Passion VLOG, whose approach to innovation inspires others to seek advancement through passion.
Like what you saw? Then share this video, comment below, or drop a line to Dr. Patel.